At New Home, we believe God has left clear instructions on how we, his children, should give. We believe that the instructions are as follows:
- Tithes: 10% of Income and or Increase.
- This is taught in:
- Genesis 28:20-22 (Before the Law)
- Malachi 3:8-10 (Under the Law)
- Matthew 23:23 (Jesus who came to endorse and explain the Law)
- Offerings: It is any amount, beyond the tithe. We believe that it is given under the guidance of The Holy Spirit. This is taught in (II Corinthians 9:6-8.)
- Freewill Offerings: These are those monies that are asked for to meet a specific goal and objective that may arise unexpectedly or that is not a part of the yearly budget. This is taught in (Exodus 36:3-5).
- First Fruits: While there is no New Testament admonition binding Christians to give of “first fruits” we do know that God loves a cheerful giver. Christians are expected to give of our substance to support the work of the church and missions. All Christians are especially dedicated to God in the manner of first fruits. As it is written in James 1:18, “Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.” We need to be mindful, just as God wanted Israel to be mindful, that we and all we have belong to God. It is our prayer that the people of God, when given the facts (truth) about biblical giving, they will obey.
“BUT THIS I SAY, HE WHICH SOWETH SPARINGLY SHALL REAP ALSO SPARINGLY; AND HE WHICH SOWETH BOUNTIFULLY SHALL REAP ALSO BOUNTIFULLY.”
– 2 CORINTHIANS 9:6
Easy to sign up. Easy to give. Giving is central to our faith, “For God so loved the world that he gave.” By exploring generosity together we find joy and pursue a life of purpose. Thank you in advance for your gift – it is making a difference for the Kingdom.
Simply text then the AMOUNT to (ICHURCH 150 would be $150). The very first time you use text-to-give you will receive a text message with a link to a registration form. Just click the link and fill out the form with your bank card information and you will be all set.
Make sure to add the text-to-give number to your contact list for quick access each time you want to give.